UTV

Israel ‘lied’ about 'tactical pause' as Rafah crossing destroyed: Govt.


Smoke rises following the Israeli bombardment of the city of Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip, on June 11, 2024. (Photo by AFP)

The Government Information Office in the Gaza Strip says Israel lied about a daily pause of its attacks in southern areas of the Palestinian territory.

The office made the announcement on Monday, a day after the Israeli military claimed that it will carry out a “tactical pause of military activity” every day from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. local time to allow aid trucks to move from the Kerem Shalom crossing up the Salah al-Din road and northwards.

The Kerem Shalom crossing is the main entry point for incoming aid to southern Gaza. The Rafah crossing, also in southern Gaza, is another entry point for humanitarian assistance into the besieged territory.

Israel has repeatedly closed the the tightly controlled crossings in a deliberate attempt to block the flow of food, medicines and basic supplies into Gaza, using starvation of civilians as a method of warfare.

The Government Information Office in Gaza called for the opening of the Rafah crossing to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian assistance to the people in Gaza, especially those in its northern parts.

It added that the Zionist regime has destroyed the passenger halls at the Rafah crossing as part of its crimes against the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

Israel unleashed a genocidal war on Gaza on October 7 after the Palestinian Hamas resistance group carried out its historic operation against the occupying entity in retaliation for the regime’s intensified atrocities against Palestinians.

So far, the Tel Aviv regime has killed at least 37,337 Palestinians, mostly women and children, and injured 85,299 others in the besieged territory.

On Monday, Palestinian media reported that 41 Palestinians have been killed and over 100 others injured in Israel’s Gaza airstrikes over the past 24 hours.

Among the victims were nine people who lost their lives after Israeli warplanes struck two houses in the al-Bureij refugee camp in central Gaza.


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.ir

[]

What’s your Reaction?
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0

Related posts

Hamas: Israel refused to receive 2 captives we intended to release for humanitarian reasons

admin

Hezbollah says it hit Israeli targets in ‘multipronged attack’

admin

Israeli tanks strike besieged al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza

admin

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.